Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. ~ Margaret D. Nadald

Our Father also gifted us with the nature to nurture, keen sensitivity to the Spirit, selflessness, discernment, and heroic faith. No wonder our Father placed us at the heart of the family and thus at the center of the plan of salvation. We are the Lord's secret weapon. ~ Sheri Dew


I'd love it if you would follow my blog!

04 November 2008

Election Day

Happy election day everyone... or at least I hope it will be!

I read an interesting tidbit this morning by playwright Arthur Miller entitled "Who Are We Really Voting For?"

"Political leaders everywhere have come to understand that to govern they must learn how to act... [W]ho are we really voting for? The self-possessed character who projects dignity, exemplary morals, and enough forthright courage to lead us through war or depression, or the person who is simply good at creating a counterfeit with the help of professional coaching, executive tailoring, and that whole armory of pretense that the groomed president can now employ? Are we allowed anymore to know what is going on not merely in the candidate's facial expression and his choice of suit but also in his head? Unfortunately.... this is something we are not told until the auditioning end and he is securely in office.... As with most actors, any resemblance between the man an the role is purely accidental."

This totally speaks to what our political system is equating to at the moment. Obama is a great orator and promises change... well, change doesn't always mean moving in a "positive" direction. I had the misfortune to have the tv on one day (the misfortune being the tv being on, I hate it! However, being the stellar mom that I am, I've been pawning my kids off on it so I can pack.) Anyway! I hate Nickelodeon, I just don't think their shows are appropriate for kids, but I happened to pass by the channel and heard the results of a poll they'd done. Obama had won the election! Yay. I think. Or no, not so much. I just thought to myself about how easily swayed we are by the acting that goes on around us. Never mind that his policies are dangerous, and the size of government will grow exponentially.... he's a great orator! You do get pulled in by his even tones and cavalier nature. He's certainly is a stark contrast to McCain. AGAIN, I'M NOT A MCCAIN CHEERLEADER. All I care about is life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

I don't think that these things are possible when the government is constantly in play in every life. I also don't think that "college for everyone" is what people think it is. Yah, education is great. I tend to ramble on about it when I get a minute, so, it is something I think about a lot. However, I think that the "education" being talked of is mediocre at best, and the thought of continuing high school into college because EVERYONE goes now, just makes it worse! Kids with the grades and desires DO go to college. The government bends over backwards with loans and grants, and if you really are motivated a school will help you financially just to go there. Let's not try to push everyone into going to school. The "system" of it isn't right for everyone, let us CHOOSE what is right... not be forced into it.

Parental rights! I want the right to teach my children what I want, and to CHOOSE what path is best for them. The government is TOO big. Besides, when it really comes down to it, all of us are playing ignorant anyway. The congress is calling the shots here. Why don't we start laying off the executive and focusing on the real "evil." Our elected officials in general are supposed to be voting on behalf of us... WE NEED TO START BEING INFORMED SO WE CAN TELL THEM WHAT WE WANT! THEY CAN PROVIDE A CHECK ON THE EXECUTIVE... IT WAS ACTUALLY BUILT INTO OUR GOVERNMENT THAT WAY... CHECKS AND BALANCES ANYONE?

No comments: