Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. ~ Margaret D. Nadald

Our Father also gifted us with the nature to nurture, keen sensitivity to the Spirit, selflessness, discernment, and heroic faith. No wonder our Father placed us at the heart of the family and thus at the center of the plan of salvation. We are the Lord's secret weapon. ~ Sheri Dew


I'd love it if you would follow my blog!

07 June 2010

Tri Week 2

We'll pretend that I didn't have people over for dinner last night and ate my share of a homemade carrot cake furnished by Satan, I mean a good friend :-)

This week went well! I usually do a bit more varied physical things on top of the 'requirements' but since I write this on day 7 sometimes I forget what isn't written on the huge white board that dictates my life. In any case, week 2's schedule, according to my board, went as follows:

Day 1: 20 minute run
Day 2: rest
Day 3: 40 minute bike, 10 minute run
Day 4: 22 minute run
Day 5: mom's into fitness weeks 3&4
Day 6: Sunday rest
Day 7: 40 minute bike

This week was the first brick! It was kind of thrilling actually. In case you're wondering, it is very aptly named... however, ironically you could also call this workout (going from a long bike straight into a run), jelly! It was a slow start for me to get my bearings (3.0), but by the end I was running at 4.7 and wishing it wasn't over. I'm excited for week 3!

I'll make another post about other activities that I do because it's mainly participation in the kids physical fitness, and that deserves an explanation. Oh, and I have some thoughts about water to throw out, so I know you're excited to look for that! *laugh*

As for eating.... we aren't big meat eaters around Jorgensen Manor, shocking I know! We probably would eat a little bit more if we could track the source and diet of the animals, but we haven't gotten that far yet. So, protein is a little more thought out here especially because I'm a nursing mom, who's also exercising hard, and taking care of the family solo. I CRAVE protein! My solution is a mixture of things. High on my list is peanut butter, I LOVE Maranatha organic peanut butter, we've tried lots of peanut butter and are just concerned with what's in it... well, I gave this one a shot because it was the only one at the commissary one day and I will never buy anything else if I can help it, it's that good! (Nathan also really likes the Dark Chocolate Almond stuff... this site has things pricey, but our commissary is way cheaper than what's advertised, and we pick up the chocolate stuff at Walmart). Anyway, I like a tablespoon of that after workouts as well as during the day when I find myself needing some energy. I also like a glass of organic milk. Beans and rice are nice. And fish suits my fancy... well, unless it's farmed, then I kind of gag it down if at all. Cottage cheese is a lovely addition to every fridge. And no one can beat the incredible edible egg and it's many different disguises. Hardboiled and scrambled work well around here.

I'm also a big fan of smoothies. We have one just about everyday. Seriously, I can't think of an easier way to add a bunch of different fruits and veggies, yogurt, probiotics, flax seed, wheat germ and whatever else you want, into your diet. We buy a bunch of frozen fruit, and thanks to a friends advice buy and freeze our own when it makes sense, and in about 2 seconds we have a fabulous drink/snack/meal.

I'll also post some recipe's that I like to make. Food is a necessary part of life, but I don't like having to think about it quite so much! Do you have any favorite quick go to meals that are simple and healthy?

No comments: