Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. ~ Margaret D. Nadald

Our Father also gifted us with the nature to nurture, keen sensitivity to the Spirit, selflessness, discernment, and heroic faith. No wonder our Father placed us at the heart of the family and thus at the center of the plan of salvation. We are the Lord's secret weapon. ~ Sheri Dew


I'd love it if you would follow my blog!

06 July 2010

Children's Scripture Curriculum


My friend Courtney, that you can spy on here, is a homeschooling mom and fellow crazy person... I think the latter part has more to do with the fact that she tolerates spending time with me and would also like to complete an Ironman triathlon, I can also thank her for my obsession with crazy looking shoes, but I digress.... She showed me her Discover the Scriptures Products for LDS Homeschool and now I am the proud owner of the Old Testament curriculum (thanks to digital downloads it's already here and ready to use) and am super excited to start our Old Testament Stories over again! We're 3 stories from the end and I had planned to go through the book again from the beginning since we're still in the OT in Gospel Doctrine, but I'm even more excited about this accompanying curriculum since I know that my kids will get that much more out of their reading. Granted I do ask questions regularly to help my children with comprehension, but this helps me focus a bit better and gives me ideas on how to enhance the experience through activities as well. Go check out their sample pages! They even have programs for younger (1st-3rd grade) and older kids (4th-7th grade) so as your kids age the content and ability levels are adjusted. They are a little pricey in my opinion, but until I can figure out something this creative to make on my own (which probably isn't likely without help from my hubby.... my brain just doesn't think like this), I love that buying these is an option!

1 comment: