Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. ~ Margaret D. Nadald

Our Father also gifted us with the nature to nurture, keen sensitivity to the Spirit, selflessness, discernment, and heroic faith. No wonder our Father placed us at the heart of the family and thus at the center of the plan of salvation. We are the Lord's secret weapon. ~ Sheri Dew


I'd love it if you would follow my blog!

22 December 2010

A Preface

I last wrote about how I was going to lead you through the chapters of the book Stand for the Family. Since then, I've worked out how this is going to work, and have also come upon many scriptures in my daily studies that have given me even more perspective, hope, and desire to stand up against the evils around us.

It's important for you to know that the family is the most crucial part of our existence here on earth. Whether you are examining this fact from a religious point of view, or you simply just feel that's it's right, there is overwhelming societal pure fact/research based advantages to supporting the traditional family. I will not be posting information based how I feel about the family. I am not trying to rouse you to action based on emotions or simply what I think. What I am trying to do is to give you reason to research and take an analytical approach to what you may already feel to be correct.

Please also note, that while I'm always up for a good discussion, I will not invite or stand for any attacks/emotion based comments from readers. I will be providing research for my statements and I ask that you afford me that same respect. Additionally, I know what the opposing side to my stance has to say already, so no need to waste your time. I spent most of my life on said team, I know the arguments firsthand because I said and believed them myself. So, before you cry discrimination or bigotry know that I rallied for the other side of my stance, and even now have many close friends who are on that side.... and I love them dearly.

Now what you've all been waiting for! My posts will start this Friday in honor of what I'm going to call "Family Friday." So, each week you can count on a post here that will start detailing the Stand for the Family book by chapter, as well as during and after I've finished posting on the book I'll post about legislation, how you can contact your representatives, and what you need to be aware of in your communities. We may even find some fun things for you to do just to strengthen your family in general. Sound fun? I'm excited!

In the meantime, and after I care for the crying/sick baby, I'll write a post about the scriptures that I've come across and some other things I'm looking forward to doing in the New Year. Maybe you'll join me!

3 comments:

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

I'm looking forward to it! I promise I won't be mean :)

Heather B said...

I'm looking forward to it too!

Aimee said...

can't wait!!!